Friday, August 10, 2007

Fraud sucks, mmkay?

Well I eventually went out in to the public (mentally kicking and screaming), but it turns out I'm bloody lucky I did!

I met up with my sister for lunch and after I realised I only had $5 on me, my sister gave me cash for her half and I paid the total with my card. At least I TRIED to pay the total with my card..! I tried twice before realising something was not right. I'd transferred a nice little sum into the account from my other savings account just a week ago, so I knew there should have been more than enough in there for a measly $30 lunch.

So I immediately went and got a print out from my bank ATM but everything that was listed was legit. The only thing that looked very wrong was the MINUS figure staring me in the face. ARG!

To cut a potentially long story short, I've now had my two cards cancelled, and a transaction query form filled out with NINE fraudulent transactions has been sent off to my bank's Fraud Investigation Department.

Apparently it could have something to do with a New York scam. It seems anyone who has used their card in New York within the last 2.5 years could be affected (depending on where you used it though I assume).

Fucking bastards huh! Go and get jobs instead of stealing people's hard earned cash ya bums!

My bank balance is now in a minus figure and is eagerly awaiting over $2500 to come home :(((

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home