Thursday, August 16, 2007

Great success!

After having a heated telephone conversation with "Amin" - 2nd in charge at Smarty Host with no clue on how to actually be 2nd in charge - I've now got my refund I've been asking for since the 4th of August, along with $30 extra that a "normal customer" (my words, not his. ha) wouldn't usually get.

Score!

The extra $30 came after I chucked up a stink about not getting refunded for the formmail add-on that I had paid for in the package but never actually used. Amin was all "I can't change the TOS blah blah", but the truth of it was he just couldn't be fucked getting off his arse to do anything about it. It's all good though. I just yelled and screamed a bit more until he put me on hold and finally came back to me with, "We can offer you a half refund". I'll take it! $30 is about $30 more than I was actually expecting to get, knob.

Lessons learnt in all of this:

  • Always stick up for yourself.
  • Kick and scream until you a) feel better and/or b) get what you want.
  • And most importantly - don't EVER sign up with SmartyHost!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home